Sunday 24 July 2011

Focus.

I have research a good percentage of things I find 'Good' in some depth and should really start to focus on what I want to take even further.


I am taking into account the amount of resources and direct and primary research I can conduct. So I can gain a very good, detailed, breadth of research.


I am going to put forward researching:

  • Bicycles - My partner is a bike technician. I can gain much information about the bikes he has in store, each of the parts which make up a bike. Problems which can occur and solutions. I could also go in store and record sales made in a few days, taking it into categories of: Type of bike, age of buyer, colour of bike, price of bike etc. I think this would be a very good approach as I can gain so much!
  • Ice skating - As I already have a personal love for ice skating, I believe this will motivate me to learn as much as possible. An ice rink is within walking distance of my partner, I could go ice skating, note down a series of facts and figures whilst there. I could count, within an hour how many people fall, how many people are on the rink, how many come across as being 'professional', how many seed skaters there are, and how many can skate backwards. I could categorise each person according to age and skill. Another thing I could do to gain primary research is to take part in an ice skating lesson, to note down any advice and understand how the level system works.
  • Piano's - Considering I can play the keyboard to some level, I believe I would benefit from conducting a deeper level of research within this area. I could record how long it take me to learn to read music. I could record myself along the way. I could use books and other resources to help me and conduct research to see if anyone plays the piano/keyboard and if they could teach me. I could possibly get a professional keyboard lesson too, and record how you are graded and what each level means.

No comments:

Post a Comment