Wednesday 17 August 2011

Activity: Trampolining - EXPERIENCE

I started trampolining when I was seven but stopped going. I started again at 15 for a year but found the sport very expensive! So I obviously know a know a few trampolining positions and skills. It has taken years of teaching, motivation and endurance to achieve them. 

I found that learning from a young age the most beneficial thing to do. Ad a child, you have very little fear of hurting yourself, so will push yourself to do some rather scary positions! This kept with me when I started up trampolining again, fear is something which can get in the way of you being able to do such moves as a back flip. 

I have attempted to take some pictures of myself doing some of the already noted positions, giving a description of what it is, and how to do it! 

Take note: Unless confident, don't attempt these at home! Trampolining injuries are very common, I should know!



Jumping into 'Pike' position. Jump moderately high, bring legs to a 90 degree angle, pointing toes and pushing arms towards toes.

Jumping - Stay in centre of trampoline. Raise arms when jumping up, lower when coming back down. Increases momentum, speed and helps balance.

Back drop - Positioned poorly! Legs should be upright, head brought forward (keeps neck in correct and safe position) and back should be flat. For this position, don't jump to high, as you can 'rebound bounce' which can lead to you landing on your neck.


Looking through some old video's I came across some of me, at 16, doing some trampolining at home.






No comments:

Post a Comment