Monday 5 September 2011

Place: Northumberland - Castles


The Focus

From primary research I can see the most popular sights within Northumberland are the castles, from secondary research I can see it's renowned for them, that outsiders, when thinking of Northumberland immediately think of the famous castles which are here

As a child, I was taken to dozens of castles, and remember being amazed by the structures and the history of them. I want to focus on the castles on the Northumberland  coast, meaning I can focus on a small part of the large county. The information I want to gain is the historical element of the castles, along with facts and figures in relation to tourism. The surrounding area and its level of popularity to tourists and why.

The four main castles I intend on focusing :
- Alnwick
- Bamburgh
- Warkworth
- Dunstenborough


.....


I intend on this 'Place' being my final idea to be presented to my peers. So with this in mind, I decided to make a plan of action, in regard to the order of my presentation, which can be seen below:



The Presentation plan

Title: The coastal castles of Northumberland

1. Start with the county, introducing, the good and bad, and general points. Why I think it's good.
Use a map of the country, to show where it is.
Use a selection of images.

2. Tell of focus. Concentrate on coastal castles. Give brief details and historical interest out each of the four castles. Mention opinions which told of the castles. Show map of vast amount of castles.

3. Focus on the two most renowned castles, Alnwick and Bamburgh.

4. Bamburgh - Talking of facts and history. Including opinions collected about the castles. Mention figures and popularity.

5. Alnwick - Talking of facts and history. Including opinions collected about the castles. Mention figures and popularity. More in depth as this is my main focus.

6. Round it up to saying that you think Northumberland is good for this very reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment